Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dominos pizza (Noid)





This Noid commercial is called "Monolith". I shot it at Vinton Studios in the early 90's. We didn't have the luxury of frame grabbers then and our capture system only held six to twelve frames of movement at a time so we drew on the screen with colored markers to see where we had been. The most difficult scene was where the monolith falls on the Noid. It was suspended with clear fishing line from both sides as it came down one frame at a time. It is a little rough by today's standards and there are many things that I would have done differently but we were breaking new ground back then. Here's a picture of all the replacement heads and body parts sitting in my old office.

3 Comments:

Blogger williams said...

Thanks for your comments. We are just finishing up an Aardman Dreamworks co production down here in Glendale at the moment, so I can appreciate your craft and it's something I could never do. It's painting and CG for me. I hope to post some new stuff soon, but for now I'll dig around your site and get inspired. Cheers.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very inspiring!!

thanks a ton for sharing this with us. I am a stopmotionist working in CG for a living.

seeing this stuff keeps me incredibly motivated!

jriggity

5:00 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Glad you're enjoying it, I'll keep posting this stuff.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home