Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Noid


One of my first assignments was to make lots of Noids. We were doing a commercial called "Ice-o-matic". I got to make these guys with the ice machines on their backs and the ice floor surface which was just 1/8" Plexiglas with white china marker lines drawn on the back side. I made the skates by cutting out thin brass sheeting and then painting it with flat blue acrylic paint. The ice sickles were made by melting 1/8 " plexiglass rods with a torch and pulling them apart to form tapered ends.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin MacLean said...

I just ordered a bunch of tiny plastic Noids from Ebay. Did you sculpt any of those?

10:12 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Yeah man most of them. Some were sculpted out of basswood in china.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Ale said...

Great work dude...The Noid was one of the characters who got me into stopmo!

So you're working on Coraline too eh?
Lucky you :P

See ya

4:19 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Thanks for checking out the blog. The Noid was a great campaign. I was lucky to be a part of it and will never forget those days.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home