Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Crazy Noid!



This is a couple frames from that "wizard" commercial I posted a few days ago. The Noid gets zapped by his own wand. I made flat cardboard cut-outs and dipped them in melted purple clay then used them as replacements for the Noid's cape. I'd shoot one frame then put in another cut-out with a different shape and did this for 24 frames.I also animated him into crazy positions as each frame of animation was taken. Running at speed it gave the impression he was getting shocked. These picture are all that I have left of these props. I don't know what ever became of these characters.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great shot. Is this Noid sitting on the actual set? the lighting is really nice with the back lit kicker light on the right side.

HM~ (photography)

8:42 PM  
Anonymous M Flem Jr said...

This Is A Great Picture. Is That Some Kind Of Special Stop-Motion Turn-Table He Is On? It Looks Like It Has A Set-Screw In The Middle That You Could Tighten & Loosen Acording To The Shot. Did You Have To Make A Special Armature Just For This Shot? The Dipped Cardbord Looks Nice.

I Would Really Like To See This Spot, Hopefully Someone Will Put It On YouTube.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Merle said...

Hi Tony M. Thank you for your comment
about the Fireman Ben article. I didn't
write it, just passed it on, glad you enjoyed it. Your work looks good, and
you are very talented. I was going to mention Joh Cox to you, but I see that
he has visited. Take care, Merle.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Merle,

I enjoy the articles they can be a form of inspiration for the artist in all of us. Keep up the good work and thanks for the visit.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home