Monday, September 25, 2006

Ninja Turtles


We did a commercial for "Crunch-a-bungas" (a snack food) and we used Ninja Turtles for the main characters. They were really fun to sculpt and they seemed like a natural for stop motion. Most of the bodies were made of foam latex and the heads were clay. The swords were made of polished aluminum with leather wrapped handles. They had simple lead wire armatures but I was still able to get a lot of motion out of them. This guy had an "L" on his belt. The others had an "M" and an "R".If you know your turtles you'll know what each of those stand for! The set designers did a great job and this main set was over six feet deep.

4 Comments:

Anonymous M Flem Jr said...

I Know The "L" Is For Leonardo, The "R" Is For Raphael, The "M" Is For Michelangelo But Where's Donatello If I Remember Right His Main Weapon Was A Long Stick. Was He In The Commercial? I Know He Was One Of The Main Turtles, I Think He Was Also The Smart One Of The Four Also His Color Was Purple. Also What About Their Master Splinter He Was A Big Rat, Was He In The Spot?

Anyway You Guys Did A Good Job Getting The Clay To Match The Paint On The Foam-Latex. They Look Look Like They Would Have Been Real Fun Puppets To Work With. The Sets Do look Awesome And That Street Is Amazing Looking. Hopefully Someone Will Post The Spot On You tube. Also Did You Do Any Of The Sculpting On Any Of The Turtles? - M Flem Jr

1:16 AM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Donatello was there too, so was splinter/shredder? I had fun doing some of these sculpts unfortunately I couldn't find the spot on youtube.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jon Cox said...

OMG THATS AWESOME!! I'd love to see the other characters as well. Your work is so AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm very glad you like my latest work! :o)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

F a b u l o u s !!! I love this model !!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home