Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"The painter"



































Sorry folks I was swamped today with starting a new mold on one of my sculptures, going to the art store for brushes, buying mold supplies at the pattern shop, mixing and pouring silicone, trying to get my sculpts into a new gallery on Rodeo drive L.A. and weightlifting at the gym for an hour and a half. Didn't have time for a daily painting but I have one in the works for tomorrow, if all goes well. Stay tuned. Painting is my passion but there's something exciting about sculpting and molding 3D work.

6 Comments:

Blogger jriggity said...

NICE! The ducks have got all my attention.

Quuuaaaakkk.

jriggity

11:00 AM  
Anonymous M Flem Jr said...

That sculpt rocks Tony, I can't really tell what's going on in the pic of you doing the molds but it looks messy man. What did you do the original sculpt out of?

2:14 PM  
Anonymous M Flem Jr said...

Hahaha "The Painter" will be my Dad in a few years. Good stuff Tony - M Flem Jr

2:16 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Molds are messy and I don't like doing them. I have to rush this one through myself because I've sold some bronze. The original sculpt was done from good old Van Aken clay.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous M Flem Jr said...

Well that's cool you sold some bronze though. Awesome job smoothing them ducks out. I coulden't even reconize them being sculpted out of Van-Aken. Very cool Man - M Flem Jr

8:05 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Yeah I was going for a smooth flowing finish and design. Once in bronze they'll take them even further using sanding rolls.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home