Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson RIP






I'd been working on a life sized sculpture of Michael Jackson and was actually filming the process for a youtube clip that I was going to show on one of the MJ fan club websites. This is Michael from the 1980's about the time he would have done the Thriller video.

When I had the facial features a little further along I was going to splice the head onto the torso and finish that out with buckles and shoulder epaulets. Once finished I intended to cast it as a bronze statue (bronze sculpture) of Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson's magnetism, dance moves and artistic charisma have changed the musical landscape forever. One of the most widely beloved and influential artists of all-time.



RIP~

3 Comments:

Blogger M-Flem-Jr said...

Very sad news indeed Tony, The sculpt looks fantastic though. Are you doing it in Van-Aken? I'm looking forward to seeing the finished clip for sure - Mike

6:12 PM  
Blogger Tony Merrithew said...

Yeah it's Van Aken clay. When completed I was either going to make a mold of it or color it using Acrylics. I've got it on film up to this point and was going to splice the head onto the torso when I got a little further along with the features and then finish out the torso with buckles and shoulder epaulets.

6:19 PM  
Blogger jriggity said...

nice work man....make sure to share when finished!

jriggity

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home